Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
If you are new to RELAX, please
consider RELAX NG of OASIS. It is a schema language created by
unifying RELAX Core and TREX.
RELAX (Regular Language description for XML)
Tired of complicated specifications? You just
May 2001, RELAX Core has been approved as an ISO/IEC Technical Report.
ISO/IEC DTR 22250-1, Document Description and
Processing Languages -- Regular Language Description for XML (RELAX) --
Part 1: RELAX Core, 2000 October
$Id: index.html 1.43 2002/04/03 14:42:46 makoto Exp $
Prepared by: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
- RELAX Core (ISO/IEC TR 22250-1) has been approved by the ISO/CS ballot.
The final text will be prepared in an upcoming meeting for comment disposition
in August 2001.
- Added a link to the RELAX Core specification in English, and links to
articles at xmlhack. (2001/3/13)
model of "Divide and Validate" (in Japanese) (2001/3/11)
implementation of "Divide and Validate". (2001/3/7)
- A Java
API for invoking RELAX Verifiers. (2001/3/4)
- RELAX Verifier for Java has been updated. (2001/2/27)
- Dublin Core [The Bath Profile] in RELAX is added. (2001/1/5)
- Rewrite of XML Signature Syntax in RELAX is now based on the Candidate
Recommendation of XML Signature Syntax and Processing (2001/1/5)
- Disclosed newer versions of relaxCore.rlx and datatypes.rlx (2000/12/27)
- The cover page of the ISO specification says the document is a DIS, only
because there are no cover sheets for fast-track DTRs (2000/12/27)
- ISO/IEC published RELAX Core as DIS 22250-1(2000/11/17)
- "HOW TO RELAX" for Netscape 4.7 on Linux (2000/11/3)
- Slightly revised "HOW TO RELAX" (2000/11/3)
- Dividing documents
with RELAX, new Relaxer, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX data extensions,
XHTML Basic implementation, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX Namespace
discussion, implementation, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- Validating XML:
a pretty complete primer, J. David Eisenberg
Day at XML 2000, Edd Dumbill, XML.COM
- English translation of
RELAX spec available, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX Core to ISO;
Relaxer updated, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- Relaxer generates Java
classes from RELAX, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX activity continues to
bubble , Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- New mailing list for
RELAX , Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX validation in
Java , Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX gets noticed,
Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
- RELAX schemas coming
soon, Simon St. Laurent, xmlhack
Schemas: Last Word on Last Call, Liora Alschuler, XML.COM
RELAX and Enjoy!, Liora Alschuler, Seybold Report
- Relax, and Take
it Easy, Simon St. Laurent, XML.COM
news in XML, Eric Armstrong, Java World
5. Free Software
6. Commercial Software
XML Authority of
Extensibility supports export in RELAX Core.
7. Mailing lists
- 2000 March: RELAX Core published as JIS TR.
- 2000 September: Officially decided to submit RELAX Core to the fast track
procedure of ISO.
- 2000 October: Submission of RELAX Core to ISO.
- 2000 December: the initial design of RELAX Namespace has been disclosed to
the mailing list
- 2001 April: RELAX Namespace is expected to be approved as JIS TR.
- 2001 June: RELAX Namespace is expected to be submitted to ISO/IEC.
9. Links to relevant standard organizations
Last updated $Date: 2002/04/03 14:42:46 $
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)